Professional Year

Professional Development for Graduates and claim 5 points towards migration.

Student Visa
Subclass 500

For overseas applicants who wish to study full time in Australia

Study in Australia

What else can you learn about study in Australia?
Please access the next links for more information.

Learn what does Australia can offer you, click here for more details.
Download our application form, click here for more details.

Professional Year – PY (IT, Accounting & Engineering)


This course is for graduates who have completed Australian qualification and focuses professional development and the acquisition of vital skills for the Australian workplace.

Entry Requirements

Course completion certificate
Course completion transcript
Valid IELTS test certificate (6 each band for accounting, overall 6 for IT & engineering)
Skills Asessment / Receipt of Lodgement (For Accounting only)
485 Visa / Bridging A – You are eligible to start the PY once your 485 visa is lodged (prior to the grant of visa. Please advice if you require migration assisstance)


The Professional Year encompasses:

  1. The PY Course Structure which is run over a minimum of 48 weeks.
  2. The 240 hour internship in an Australian company working in your industry.
  3. For IT students, an additional online program developed by the ACS.
  4. Intakes are all year round in Sydney and Melbourne, and the full program (including all components) takes around one year to complete

Other Information

Professional Year is offered in partnership with the Australian Computer Society (ACS), Certified Practicing Accountants of Australia (CPA); Institute of Chartered Accountants of Australia (ICAA), the Institute of Public Accountants (IPA), and Engineering Australia (EA).


Student visa (Subclass 500)


This visa allows you to stay in Australia to study full-time in a recognised education institution.

– Independent ELICOS Sector
– Vocational Education and Training Sector
– Higher Education Sector

Visa Requirements

You must have been accept at an education institution in Australia to study a full-time course.

– Independent ELICOS Sector: English Language Intensive Courses
– Vocational Education and Training Sector: Certificate II, III, IV, Diploma and Advance Diploma Courses
– Higher Education: Bachelor or Associate degree, Graduate Certificate, Graduate Diploma, and Master Degree Courses


Visa Holders Conditions

  1. You can study a CRICOS registered full-time course in Australia
  2. Allowed to work 40 hours part-time (fortnightly) during the course of study
  3. Eligible family members can accompany you to Australia

Please note

The visa requirements and conditions may vary depending on the circumstances and the county the visa is applied from.